Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What do you think Faber means when he says, "those who don't build must burn"? Do you agree with him?

What Faber is saying is similar to an old saying from the
'60s -- "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."  What he is
saying is that people who do not want to do things that are helpful (building) are going
to do things that are destructive (burning).


I do not
really agree with this statement.  I think that it is possible to be pretty neutral.  I
think that there are surely plenty of people who do not actively do especially good
things.  I count myself among them.  I am not some big philanthropist or volunteer or
anything like that.  But, at the same time, I don't think I'm tearing anything down.  I
don't think that you have to be either a great benefit to society or a great harm.  I
think you can be neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...