Wednesday, November 4, 2015

How you would have dealt with (solved) the conflict in The Old Man and the Sea?The answer must be a paragraph

In the book The Old Man and the Sea,
Santiago struggles with the fish he has caught because he has to prove to himself that
he is still a good fisherman.  He is old and tired and has not caught a big fish in a
long time.  The younger boy looks up to him.  I believe he also wants to show the boy
that he is still worthy of his praise and admiration.


I
believe that if I were like Santiago, I would have done the same thing.  Sometimes we
have to step out of our comfort zone to prove to ourselves that we can do something.  I
am a bicycle rider and I was asked to join a race.  I never thought that I could do it,
but I wanted to challenge myself.  It was horrible.  My legs ached after the first mile
up hill.  On the way down the hills I felt accomplished and thought that I was doing
great.  Then came four more really long stretches that were straight up hill and every
time I saw a stop station I thought this is it I can't go on.  Yet, even in tears I kept
going.  The ride was the longest ten miles of my life.  I made it to the end and was one
of the last groups in.  I made it though and proved to myself that I could do it.  To
this day I feel really great about it, but I won't ever do it
again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...