Saturday, May 3, 2014

Two long straight wires carrying the same current I and separated by a distance r exert a force F on each other.If the current is increased to 4I...

According to Ampere's law, the force between two wires
carrying a current I1 and I2 and which are separated by a distance r is given as F=
2*K*I1*I2 / r, where K is a constant.


In the problem, when
the wires carried a current I and were separated by a distance r the force was
F


=> Fo = 2*K*I^2 /
r


Now when the current is increased to 4I and the
separation reduced to r/6, the new force is given by:


Fn =
2*K*(4I)^2 / (r/6)


=>
2*K*16*I^2*6/r


=>
2*K*I^2*(16*6)/r


=>
Fo*(16*6)


=>
Fo*(96)


Therefore the new force between the
wires is 96 times the original force.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...