Wednesday, December 9, 2015

What is the difference between a pedigree sheet and family tree?

When a family historian, for example, traces their family,
they can use either a pedigree sheet (often called a pedigree chart) or a family tree
(or family group sheet).  The pedigree sheet provides less information than the family
tree.


In a pedigree chart, only the direct
ancestors
of the person of interest are listed.  In other words, my
pedigree sheet would include my mother and her parents.  But it would not include my
mother's siblings or her parents' siblings.  This is because those people are not my
direct ancestors.


By contrast, a family tree would show all
of those people who are omitted from the pedigree chart.  It would show my aunts and
uncles and cousins and my great aunts and uncles as well.


A
family tree, therefore, gives much more information than a pedigree sheet
does.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...