Thursday, April 2, 2015

The magnetic force (FM) on a particle in a magnetic field is found by FM=I*B, I is the charge multiplied by the velocity of a charged particle and...

The magnetic force is given by FM = I*B, where I is the
charge multiplied by the velocity of the charged
particle.


I =
4.0*10^6*1.6*10^-19


The magnetic field is equal to 0.2
Tesla directed in a direction into the screen


The magnitude
of the magnetic force is 4.0*10^6*1.6*10^-19*0.2


=>
1.28*10^-13


The formula for the magnetic field is given as
a dot product, FM = I*B. There is no information provided about the interaction between
the velocity and the direction of the magnetic field that would determine the direction
of the magnetic force. So we can take the the direction of the magnetic field would be
the same as that of velocity.


The magnitude
of the magnetic force is 1.28*10^-13 and its direction is in the horizontal direction
towards the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...