Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I need to find some quotes for understanding others theme. What should I be looking at to help me find more quotes?

I'll be happy to provide you with a
few.



"If you
can learn a simple trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks.
You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of
view--until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."  (Atticus' advice, Chapter
3)




readability="8">

"People in their right minds never take pride in
their talents," said Miss Maudie.  (Concerning Atticus' marksmanship, Chapter
10)




readability="10">

"Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music
for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, they don't nest in corncribs, they
don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a
mockingbird."  (Miss Maudie, Chapter
10)




readability="14">

"Jem, see if you can stand in Bob Ewell's shoes
a minute. I destroyed his last shred of credibility at that trial, if he had any to
begin with. The man had to have some kind of a comeback, his kind always does. So if
spitting in my face and threatening me saved Mayella one extra beating, that's something
I'll gladly take. He had to take it out on somebody, and I'd rather it be me than that
household of children out there."  (Atticus explaining Bob's spitting in his face,
Chapter 23)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...