Sunday, May 19, 2013

Having read the story "There Will Come Soft Rains," would you like to read other works by Ray Bradbury?

Personally, I definitely would. However, you need to
remember that I have already read other great works by Ray Bradbury, so perhaps I am
biased! However, for me, what attracts me to his fiction is the way he develops possible
future worlds. I really like dystopian fiction, or fiction that presents us with
alternative futures, as I find it interesting to consider how humanity could develop and
see some of the possible scenarios played out. Bradbury's fiction always has the point
of showing us one possible future with all of its associated problems so as to warn us
about what we could become if we are not careful. Thus his works are for us to learn
about the mistakes that we are making now in the present and to show us what could
happen if we continue along that road. This is the message of "There Will Come Soft
Rains," as it presents us with a possible future where we have not learnt to use our
incredible technological advances with wisdom and thus have destroyed
ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...