Friday, May 31, 2013

Can anyone write a report of information on World War I for me?I really want to now how it started because after my teacher talked about i wanted...

I teach my students a simple quote that is easy to
remember that covers the four underlying causes of World War I in
Europe:


"I want your land, I'm better than you, I've got
guns and I've got friends"


I want your land - Imperialism -
the competition between six European empires for control of the world's colonies and
resources.


I'm better than you - Nationalism -the
hyperpatriotism that existed in each of these six empires prior to the
war


I've got guns - the arms race between the six countries
to produce massive military machines, with millions of soldiers and huge
navies


I've got friends - the system of alliances that
these empires cooperated under, which gave them an overconfidence in their ability to
win the war, and dragged them into it once it started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...