Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hello, I have to do a paper on The Crucible and I need some help. In the paper I have to list three people responsible for the witch trials.

I think the whole town, with the exception of a few (Giles
Corey, Elizabeth Proctor and the wrongly accused), are all culpable because the lot of
them conformed to the hysteria of the witch hunt. But if I had to pick three of the most
responsible, I would start with Reverend Parris. He cares more about his own status than
he does about the town’s welfare, the truth or the moral implications of his own
actions. I’m reluctant to choose Abigail. She does instigate the entire string of lies
which lead to the witch hunt. But her parents are dead and the only person who shows her
affection is John Proctor; and this is doomed from the start. Abigail is one of those
most responsible for the witch trials, but I personally hold more contempt for Parris
and Deputy Governor Danforth. He is more concerned with the dignity and reputation of
the court than he is about obtaining justice. His actions do not directly lead to the
witch trials, but he has the ability to stop them and does
not.


You have to blame those who started the witch scare
but also those officials who perpetuated it and exponentially increased the
hysteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...