Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What is the conception of honesty as is seen The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?For examlpe when Huck admits to telling a "Stretcher".

Huck considers right and wrong throughout the story.  He
actually begins by discussing lying, saying, “I never seen anybody but lied one time or
another.”  He is trying to determine for himself what is moral and immoral.  In chapter
28, Huck considers that the truth may sometimes actually be easier than a
lie:


 I says to myself, I reckon a body that ups and tells
the truth when he is in a tight place is taking considerable many resks, though I ain't
had no experience, and can't say for certain; but it looks so to me, anyway; and yet
here's a case where I'm blest if it don't look to me like the truth is better and actuly
SAFER than a lie.


He ends up deciding that it is ok to lie
sometimes.  He comes to the conclusion that it is better to do what he personally thinks
is right than to do what society thinks is right.  Huck thinks that society's rules are
hypocritical, which is why he decides to help Jim, and he and Tom do their “evasion” to
protect him.  When Huck says, "All right, then, I'll go to hell," he is determined to
make his own morality, and not society’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...