Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Explain: "O, I have bought the mansion of love..." UNTIL "... And may not wear them".

Key point to remember here:


*
That very morning, Romeo and Juliet were married (quickly).  Then, Romeo ran off and got
in the huge street brawl.  Meanwhile, Juliet (the virgin) is back at home waiting for
her wedding night... thinking that due to her husband's rashness, may not in fact happen
now.


"Bought the mansion of a love but not possessed it," =
married legally but not carnally.


"sold, not enjoyed." =
what have I got out of this marriage yet?


"impatient child
that hath new robes and may not wear them..." = like, I've been waiting my entire life
for this moment, and now, it is HERE (I have the "clothes" to celebrate) and I won't get
to because my husband just murdered my cousin... and all I wanted was a honeymoon.  Is
that so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...