Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Does the move to legalize weed for medical purposes count as a step towards the decriminalization of weed in general?

I personally doubt it, but that is obviously just a matter
of opinion since there is no official way to determine whether it's a step towards a
more general legalization.


In my opinion, it is not a major
step because the idea of medical marijuana seems so much different to people like me who
disapprove of the use of marijuana in general.  It seems to me that using a substance
for medical purposes is much different from using it for
fun.


So I can see a lot of people like me being okay with
the idea of allowing it when prescribed by a doctor but not with the idea of just
letting anyone use it because they feel like it.


So I don't
think support for the one implies support for the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...