Thursday, September 29, 2011

Can someone paraphrase each line of "On First Looking into Chapman's Homer" by John Keats?MUCH have I travell'd in the realms of gold, And many...

First two lines: I've travelled around and seen many rich
kingdoms


Next two:  I've been around many of the islands of
Greece (held by poets who are faithful to Apollo).


Next
two: I'd heard alot about a place that Homer ruled as his
own.


Next two:  But I never understood about this until I
read Chapman's translation.


But when I did, I felt like
some astronomer who has discovered a new planet or like Cortez felt when he first
discovered the Pacific (it was Balboa, not
Cortez...)


Overall, he is saying that reading Chapman's
translation of Homer opened up whole new worlds to his mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculate tan(x-y), if sin x=1/2 and sin y=1/3. 0

We'll write the formula of the tangent of difference of 2 angles. tan (x-y) = (tan x - tan y)/(1 + tan x*tan y) ...